Current job openings
We are constantly looking for students wishing to become research assistants for our projects in the area of Data Science & Machine Learning (m/f/x). In our projects, we prototype information systems that enable the efficient use of machine learning technology in manufacturing companies. For this purpose, we focus on the design, training, selection and management of machine learning models. To support these activities, we require the analysis of machine learning model's metadata and the development of new useful functionality for industry practitioners. This also implies the selection and configuration of machine learning algorithms, the integration of existing libraries, standards or platforms and overall data mining and engineering.
- Implementation and evaluation of prototypes.
- Exploration and assessment of existing machine learning libraries and platforms.
- Collaboration with other students and the project leader in the editing of concepts for scientific texts and presentations.
Reasons for you to apply
- Cooperation with an industry partner in the Stuttgart region.
- Cutting-edge research on the application of machine learning for manufacturing, with innovative concepts, industry-relevant tasks, flexible working hours and one-to-one mentoring/supervision.
- Available computing infrastructure to carry out experiments on distributed environments (e.g. Hadoop/Spark clusters).
- It is possible to derive topics for related courses of for a (master) thesis which build upon the previous work during the HiWi job.
- Solid development skills for web services, web interfaces and applications or data management systems (Python, R or Java).
- Practical knowledge and understanding of machine learning, (meta) data management, or data engineering (a fundamental level is required, an advanced level is desired).
- Interest in industrial applications (experience in previous study or work projects is not required, but desired).
- Highly-communicative, autonomous and creative.
We are looking forward to your application with resume and transcript of records. Please send this documentation to Alejandro Villanueva.
We are looking for candidates to work for a minimum of three months until the end of June 2021. It is possible and desired to extend those three months.
New positions may start at the beginning of February 2021. Please apply at least one month before the beginning of your intended start month.